As my kids get older (no teenagers yet, still kids) I can say I am truly enjoying them. Parenting is getting harder and their problems aren't as easily solved anymore, but things are so enjoyable as well. I love talking to them and setting goals with them. I like hearing their opinions on things and teaching them about life.
I love seeing them go off and play on their own as well. My kids truly enjoy our new house. They love playing with their toys and each other. It has been such a nice change over the last few months to see them create games and adventures together around the house. I used to feel like they really turned to me for entertainment and I in turn would take them on little trips around town just so we weren't so "bored". These days we spend SO much more time at home, but they are just fine with it! They build fort, read books, play games, and have recently been getting into building with legos. I know it is a sign that they are growing up and needing their mom a little less, but for now I am thankful they still get to be home with me.
They love being home and I am so grateful for that. It has really made me want to create a home where they can feel safe and sheltered from the craziness of the world. A peaceful place that they can come home to and feel loved and accepted. It is a big task since the craziness of the world is always trying to push its way in. I am sure our home will always be evolving as they grow up and needs change, but I hope they always want to come home and feel the love of their family.








No comments:
Post a Comment