Friday, November 30, 2018

Grandma and Grandpa Cannon's Fall Party

Halloween has always held such fun traditions in my family from when we were growing up.  We love eating soup and bread bowls Halloween night, carving pumpkins, dressing up, decorating sugar cookies, etc.  Since Halloween falls on different days of the week each year it isn't always possible with everyone's work schedules for us to get together ON Halloween.  So this year my parents decided to do a Fall party at their house so that we could do all our fun Halloween traditions together (even though it wasn't on the actual holiday).  I think it turned out great and I hope they continue to do it each year.  



The kids dressed up in their Halloween costumes for the party.  Adalyn was jasmine, Jensen was spiderman (his real costume was still coming in the mail), Declin was Superman, Magnolia was supergirl.  Rockwell, was festive with his pumpkin shirt #5thbabyproblems #nocostumeforhim.  McKay and I didn't dress up either, but we sure enjoyed seeing Mykelti and Draesen's costume.  They are awesome and have convinced me that McKay and I must dress up next year (and probably only next year).  

 
Once everyone arrived we started decorating sugar cookies.  Truly my mom makes THE best sugar cookies.  SO good.  We were happy to help her decorate them.  Plus it is so fun to have cookies before dinner every now and then.  








 After we decorated the cookies we headed out to a near by pumpkin patch.  We weren't buying any pumpkins, but we loved the little activities there for the kids.  Plus a huge field of pumpkins is just fun to look at and be around.  Right?!  The kids loved the slides and enjoyed the wagon ride and corn pit.  









After the pumpkin patch we headed back to my parents house for soup and bread bowls followed by some pumpkin carving.  McKay and Draesen did all of the carving.  Mykelti and I helped with the designs and everyone else watched.  Each of the kids got to pick the picture for their pumpkin and McKay was so sweet to be patient with them and make their pumpkin visions come true.  



This Halloween party was such a special time with family and I love just thinking back on it.  Our kids are so lucky to have such fun grandparents.    






No comments:

Post a Comment