Sunday, April 2, 2017

Weekly Recap #8 March 13th- March 19th, 2017

I thought about not writing this week since I don't feel like we did much outside of the normal, but tradition is tradition and my "need to document all things" couldn't let it go.  So here I am for family email week #8.

This week we celebrated St. Patricks day.  I know we didn't celebrate it much when we were growing up, besides wear green to school, but in my current non pregnant state I am enjoying doing some extra things with the kids.  So we celebrated it and a leprechaun even came and everything.  The day before Adalyn lost her second tooth thanks to Jensen hitting her in the face so we had both the Leprechaun and the tooth fairy in one night. 

The leprechaun left the kids a little pot of gold with chocolate coins in it and a rainbow Happy St. Patricks Day card.  It is awesome what kids believe.  Adalyn wondered why the leprechaun was nice to them and gave them gold.  I told her that he was happy that they didn't try and set up a trap for him.  She accepted that answer and then told me the leprechaun had brought his gold and then used our paper and markers from our closet to make the note.  haha!  (how she figured out that he used our markers I do not know)  They just believe whatever they want to believe.  I still don't know what I think about all the Santa, Easter bunny stuff, but luckily kids figure it out pretty young so I don't think I have too many years where I have to spend the holidays making up stories and playing along.  It is kind exhausting!  The rest of St. Patricks day we dressed in green and painted shamrocks on paper with marshmallows as our stamps (the things you can find on pinterest). 

This week McKay had a great time playing the prisoners game with the kids in the backyard while I made dinner.  They all LOVE that game.  It finally warmed up here over the weekend and it was so nice!!!!.  The only hard part for me with the warm weather was re learning to balance the family vs friends time.  With our fun little neighborhood there are other kids and friends outside in our backyard and in the cul-de-sac to play with ALL. DAY. LONG.  My kids love it especially Adalyn.  They would spend every moment out there if I would let them.  But at times it gets to be too much for me.  The kids start to get cranky and I get cranky and we all just need a bit of down time.  So we have to try and find the right balance of when to say yes to the friends knocking on the door and when to say no and let the kids rest.  Honestly it is a silly problem to have, but I have had to think about it and retrain the kids a bit this week about what our family rules are.  Luckily we have awesome neighbors and we feel lucky to have such great friends for our kids.  Today we made it a family day and so I feel ready for tomorrow when the friends come to play.

Jensen has found his appetite.  He loves to eat now.  I have spent all of my parenting years so far begging my kids to finish their dinner every single night.  The tables are now starting to turn and Jensen has finally found his appetite.  He loves to eat and is starting to eat a lot!  It is fun watching him grow up!  I am pretty sure he will be just as thin and tall as McKay with a huge appetite.  

Adalyn has spring break this coming week and she is very excited.  We have a few things planned (a mini trip to Utah) so it should be enjoyable for all. 

I tried my first real Barre (ballet/strength training) class at a gym.  It was an advanced class and SO hard.  But pointing my toes and doing a few ballet moves again was really fun!  Also my no sugar is going great!  I wasn't even tempted by my kids chocolate coins on st. Patricks day.  Hopefully I can continue.  I feel like I constantly need to be mindful about what I am eating and why I am eating (trying to avoid emotional eating) since it doesn't take very much to side track me from my goals.

Magnolia started showing signs this week that she was ready to try some food.  So we set up her new high chair tonight and gave her some sweet potato puree.  She did really well for it being her first food.  Adalyn and Jensen thought it was the best thing ever and loved watching her reaction to each bite.  Adalyn also loved that she was wearing a bib that she also wore when she was a baby. 

Well that is all from us this week.

Hope you are all doing well!  Enjoying watching our march madness brackets!

Love, Kajsa and Fam




















No comments:

Post a Comment