(P.S. I wrote this on Sunday, March 12, 2017. Just took me a while to get it posted on the blog)
This week at the Pace house turned out well. Although this morning with 9:00 church, plus a late night last night, plus day light savings was a little rough. Declin was demanding at breakfast for me to put him back in his bed. I had the same desires, just was a little less vocal about them. ;) But after afternoon naps for McKay and I and an early bedtime for the kids I think we are going to be just fine.
McKay's week split 50-50. 50% of his time was spent watching the kids while I went to various things and 50% spent working on the basement. He has a hard time pulling himself away from the projects downstairs, but he was very kind to watch the kids three evenings this week for me while I had some girl time with friends and Corinne. I promised to be done with "girls nights" for a while so that he can have the chance to do some things that he wants/needs to do.
My week started off Tuesday with a birthday dinner with my friend Natalie. Her birthday is a couple days after mine so each year we go to dinner to celebrate. We went to Copper Rill which I had never been to. I ordered salmon for the first time in my life and it was delicious! Wednesday Corinne and Solomon came up and we got to hang out with them. It was fun to see Solomon again and see how big he is. He showed off all of his cool tricks to Magnolia. It was fun to be able to just hang out and let the babies "play" with each other since most times we have gotten together there hasn't been a lot of down time. Plus they are starting to interact more (aka. Solomon likes to try and eat Magnolia and she just stares at him and occasionally throws a smile his way). Corinne and I snuck away for some shopping Wednesday night which was a treat for both of us. McKay was awesome and handled all 5 kids on his own at bedtime. We may be able to have a 5th child someday... Probably not twins though. Thanks for coming Corinne! Friday McKay worked all day on the basement. He got some good work done and we now have spots for all of the lights in the basement. We are putting in can lights everywhere so it can be bright and cheery down there. Saturday I had my "motivational night" with friends. Things are going really well with my healthy eating goals aka no processed sugar. I am still having cravings for candy/treats, but I hope they go away someday. McKay is so great to support me and I feel really good mentally and physically. Hopefully I can keep things up for week three! The motivational night was a great experience with some good friends. We all shared a bit about our relationship with food over the years and how things have gone and what our current goals are. It turned into a mini therapy session, but I kind of expected that. We passed out recipes too. I will let you guys know about the good ones as I try them! Some things that I took away for myself from the evening is that I need to drink more water when I am craving sugar. And while I am not eating processed sugar I still need to improve my vegetable intake. Nice and uplifting overall.
Adalyn had a good week from my perspective. She seemed more cheerful overall and didn't complain as much about going to dance and school. We hardly saw her at all on Saturday since it was a nice day outside and she and her friends were having a dance party in the backyard. I kid you not. Friends are SO important to her. I hope and pray she finds good ones as the years go on.
Jensen told me that "Even when I is bad you still like me mom" direct quote from him and of course I reassured him that I will always love him no matter what. Feeling accepted and loved by McKay and I on a daily basis is really important to him right now.
Declin had to spend sacrament meeting in the hall way since he was talking to loud while playing with his toys. He has the best pretend play. He loves his little animals and figurines, and he makes up stories with them while carrying them around the house. He loves his Magnolia and has been very willing to "share" his mommy. Anytime she is crying he jumps off my lap and says "you go feed my Nolia." So grateful that he looks out for her.
Speaking of Magnolia she got to go on her first big walk in the stroller outside today. She didn't cry so I am taking that as a good sign. She definitely can cry, but she is not much of a talker. She just quietly observes, and then when she is excited about something she shakes her arms and legs. It is funny, like she wants to say something, but she doesn't quite know how to get it out. Currently she sleeps in the middle of the guest bed that is still set up in her room since we have no where else to put it. When she starts to roll more we will have to move her back to her crib which is now in the closet (that basement can't get done soon enough).
Welp that is all from us this week! These pictures of Magnolia and Solomon together are too cute!!
Love,
Kajsa and Fam


No comments:
Post a Comment