Friday, April 21, 2017

5 months old- Magnolia

One day shy of her being 6 months old I finally am getting around to writing Magnolia's 5 month update. 

Magnolia turned 5 months old on March 24, 2017


I did take the photos right when she turned 5 months old, just never got around to writing about them. 

This month we really started calling her Nola more.  So I would say currently we call her Magnolia- 70% of the time and Nola- 30% of the time.

Adalyn is getting pretty mature and has started holding and helping with Magnolia more and more.  She has started carrying her a bit and is good about sitting on the floor and entertaining her.  Although Magnolia only handles having the kids "play" with her for so long before she is fussing and begging mommy to save her.  Adalyn is about the same age that I was when my mom had my youngest sister.  I remember how fun it was to have a baby in the house and being able to help/hold her.  I love that Adalyn also gets to have this experience of having a little sister.





We set up Magnolia's highchair and started her on baby food.  She doesn't love it yet!  Magnolia also learned where the real food comes from and when she is hungry she watches me wherever I go and begs for me to pick her up and feed her.  It is pretty cute how she knows who she wants. 





She sleeps with her arms swaddled and a blanket lightly next to her face. 





She found a favorite toy this month.  It was a little teething toy that was perfect to hold in her small hands.  She spent a lot of time learning to grab and hang on to that toy.



She sleeps through the night a few times a week and doesn't ever wake up more then once a night.  She still loves to go to bed earlier around 7:30 or 8. 

She wears 3-6 month clothes and size 2 diapers.


She loves looking at pictures in books and sucking on the corners of them.  She cries when the car isn't moving and whenever she is left in a room by herself.  Dinner time is her fussy time so daddy holds her during our meals most nights.  She likes her binky, but usually just has it at bedtime.  Her hands are constantly up in her mouth and she has started to find her toes a little bit.





Overall life with 4 kids went well during month 5.  It is so nice that she isn't mobile yet and Declin seemed to take a small step towards being a bit more independent.  Feeding times take only about 5-8 minutes each time so that isn't too hard to fit into my day.  Nursing is really nice in that sense and it is great to not have to keep track of bottles or wash them.  My brain feels like mush most days I miss having real thought out conversations.  Haha!   McKay and I are in a not so great habit of going to bed late.  There is just so many things we want to do and get done in the evenings.  I also love having some down time too.  Every night I battle in my mind about going to bed early or taking some down time to read/watch movies/ or online shopping.  Staying up late usually wins.   Hopefully I can get better with that soon!     





Sleep or no sleep we love our sweet baby girl!  I love this stage she is in!

 

 



 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment