Currently the Idaho Falls temple is closed for renovations. It has been closed for over a year. So when we go to the temple we go to the Rexburg temple that is about 40 mins away. This has made the Rexburg temple very busy. Each time we go to the temple you need a good 5 hr. chunk of time to be able to drive there, participate, and then come home. Magnolia is the cutest thing ever, but she doesn't take a bottle. So I cannot leave her to go to the temple for 5 hours. I had not been to the temple since she was born last fall. I missed it a lot and knew that I needed to make a temple trip happen some how. So we decided to make a little trip to Utah a few weekends ago while Adalyn was on her spring break so that I could visit one of their many temples there that aren't nearly as busy or far away. Big bonus is that Utah also has Grandma and Grandpa to babysit so McKay and I can go together. We made a little weekend trip to Utah out of it and McKay and I were able to go to the temple on Saturday morning while my parents stayed at their house with the kids. It was wonderful to be able to go again and I can't wait for our temple to open back up! It was also a special temple trip because we were finally able to finish up the work for the very first family name that McKay ever found while doing family history work. It was very neat and I was really able to feel the spirit while serving.
The rest of the weekend was spent visiting family.
Thursday during the day I took the kids to Logan to visit Natalie and her kids as well as Diana and her kids. To say my kids were excited to see and play with cousins is an understatement. They talked about it all week and were thrilled to spend the whole day playing with Jaxon, Carter, and Sadie. It was rainy that day so they didn't get to go run around outside much, but they still had a blast running around the house. I love how they are all such great friends. Natalie and I had fun chatting too and she was a great host to feed us some yummy meals. I wish we had thought to take some pictures! It seriously didn't cross my mind until I we were driving away! Thursday evening McKay met us in Brigham City after work and we drove the rest of the way to Salt Lake to my parents house.
Friday during the day we went to Wheeler Farm to visit the farm and see the animals. Last year in April, Mykelti and Draesen had their wedding reception at Wheeler Farm. But because of how busy the day was we weren't really able to visit the animals or see the rest of the farm buildings. So we went back this year with my mom and took a little tour around and then had a picnic lunch at the playground. It was a chilly day, but the sun was shining so it was nice.
We did a little wagon ride, played on the tractors, and said hello to the animals. Jensen's favorite part was "driving" the tractor, Declin loved the horses, and Adalyn really like the tractor ride and mothering her little brothers around. None of the trees had their leaves yet, but it was still beautiful and I am sure it is stunning in the fall with all the colorful trees. The kids really enjoyed being outside and it was nice to do something outside again.
Friday evening we went and visited McKay's mom at her house. She loves for us to help her with projects and this time it was cutting branches off of trees. It ended up being a rather intense task since the branches were near power lines. I stayed inside with the baby, but I heard there was a bit of praying going on and a few rough moments when branches were getting stuck on the power lines. Thankfully everyone stayed safe and McKay got the branches removed. But he was sure sweating by the end! The rest of the visit we planted flowers seeds around her house with the kids.
Saturday morning we went to the temple, then the men and Jensen went and played disc golf in the poring rain. They are not very picky about the weather and are happy to go play rain, snow, or sunshine. Crazy!
Saturday evening the women (My mom, Mykelti, Grandma Fry, myself, and Magnolia) went out to eat at Zupas and then headed to my mom's stake center to watch the General women's session of Conference. It was SO nice to be out without kids hanging on me (besides Magnolia) and to actually enjoy the messages and spirit that were spoke. Definitely filled my bucket. It has been a while (a couple years I think) since I have gone to Womens conference with my mom and sisters so this was a special night for me. :)
While the women were at the womens conference, Adalyn was back at grandma's house ordering all the men around. haha! She wanted to host a "party". She had made invitations all day for this party that she wrote herself and listed all of the "food" we were going to eat and the games we would play. While the women were gone the men (grandpa, Draesen, McKay and Jensen) all helped her decorate the dining room and set out the food for the party. When the ladies got home we played some games, danced to some music, and drank water from the tea cups. Adalyn loved her party and I am very impressed that the dad's helped her make it happen. She is a lucky lady. :)
Sunday we went to church and then has a family dinner followed by a cute little Easter egg hunt planned by Corinne. I really loving doing fun traditions like this with family so I am glad Corinne thought of it. Baby Solomon was even able to participate. :) The years of fun with cousins are getting started!
The drive home was late and long, but we made it and are happy to have fun weekends like this. Getting back to real life after was not so fun! Can't we just live a life of fun and games?

















No comments:
Post a Comment