Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Magnolia's Blessing Day

McKay gave Magnolia a name and a blessing on Sunday December 11, 2016.  We had several family members make the trek to Idaho to help us celebrate.  We love having family visit so blessing days are always a special treat at our house. 

McKay gave a sweet blessing and I am so grateful for her gentle spirit in our home. 






After sacrament meeting we had everyone over to our house for dinner.  We served rice with two different kinds of crock pot chicken dishes to go on top.  Apricot chicken and cream cheese chicken.  We also had fruit, salads, chips, and dessert to go with it.









The kids played in our basement that afternoon with their cousins.  What a special day it was to be surrounded by family. 

Magnolia wore the same blessing dress that Adalyn wore and was wrapped in the same blanket that all of my kids have used on their blessing day.  Our good friend Barbara Sherman made both the blanket and the dress and they are gorgeous!  I seriously love the dress so much and was thrilled to be able to use it again!


I was a bit nervous about blessing Magnolia in the middle of December since it is such a crazy time of year and the weather can be so unpredictable, but in the end it worked out great.  The weather was cold, but not too snowy and I am happy to have it done before the holidays.




Oh she is just the sweetest!  We love her!   

No comments:

Post a Comment