Friday, December 9, 2016

1 Month Old- Magnolia

Ok folks, brace yourselves.  The monthly posts are here again.  This one is super late.  But none the less, here it is!  Magnolia turned 1 month old on November 22nd.    




She did great during her first month, but it was definitely an adjustment period for everyone as we got used to having a new baby in the house again.  She figured out nursing very quickly and has been a champ at it from day one.  She eats about every 2 1/2 hours during the day, but goes 4-7 hours in between feedings at night which was SO awesome.  She has not had a bottle yet.  I am still not sure if we are going to try and give her one eventually or just let her exclusively breast feed.  Jury is still out on that one. 



Many of these pictures were taken either in her bed or our bed.  Yeah we spent a lot of time hanging out in bed for the first month.  She is just so fun to cuddle with! 


She loves noise and having the older kids playing right around her.  She loves the chaos and being right in the thick of the "fun".  She sleeps best with lots of noise in the background.  She enjoys the vibrator on her cradle and also loves her swing. 

She has the cutest little (big) stretches after each nap.  We swaddle her at naptime, but she definitely loves to have her space to wiggle too.  She tolerates her car seat as long as it is moving or the car is moving.  She moved into size one diapers at the end of the month and she has pretty much out grown her newborn clothes.








We haven't taken her out much in her first month.  She goes with us to pick up and drop off Adalyn at school.  She and I also went to a little craft fair on one of the Saturdays in November, and we took a few walks before the weather got cold.  Other then that McKay and I just take turns leaving the house so that she can just be home.   

Currently we just call her Magnolia and Declin calls her Nolia.  We haven't really called her Nola yet, but I think it will come as she gets older.


We adore this sweet girl and are so grateful to have her in our home.  I love newborns and wish I could just sit and snuggle her all day.  Even the diaper changes and middle of the night feedings are adorable.  haha!  McKay is the sweetest with her and you can tell he misses her while he is at work.  He usually holds her all evening and does everything one handed so that he can hold her as much as possible.  The kids enjoy her and are great helpers with her.  Happy one month sweet baby!



    

2 comments:

  1. So Beautiful!! Names are so funny, I thought for sure we would call Mackson, Max. It still hasn't come. We still just call him Mackson or Macko. I thought kids at school would call him Max but they usually just call him Mackson. If anyone ever does call him Max, he tells them his name is Mackson. Haha. She really is adorable and is making me excited for my baby to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah names are interesting! Mackson is an adorable name! You are getting close. I can't wait to see pictures of your new little one!

      Delete