Just a little additional info in our foster care journey. Biggest news of this journey: we are all learning SO much this year and our patience and ability to love has grown leaps and bounds.
As a parent there are certain life lessons that you learn while raising kids that you just know that you could have never learned any other way. There is just nothing out there like the selfless service of a parent to teach us about the incredible love our father in heaven has for us. I feel like I am learning so much everyday as I raise these little humans. McKay and I also feel like foster care is teaching us these similar life lessons. Things that we could have never learned without these experiences. Our patience is being tested in all of the chaos of having 8 kids and we are learning to love others in a deep and meaningful way.
We see the stress and heartache that the bio family is going through during this experience. Having an up close view of their struggles has humbled me in a very real way. We wish that we could take their pain away and make all of the problems disappear. If only that was how life worked... We love their family and are grateful that we have been able to get to know them. So far they have been nothing but kind to us and for that I am grateful.
The kids have many around them that care about them and want to help. They have teachers, parents, therapists, and doctors who are cheering them on and helping them as they navigate these confusing times. Even with all of this "help" there are still many struggles that we can't take away from them. They ask questions at times and often our answer has to be "I don't know." The uncertainty is hard. But I know they are strong kids and I hope McKay and I can help them through things.
Currently we are in the treading water phase of the case. We are right in the middle and just playing the waiting game to see how everything will turn out. The case will last for about a year and then the judge will make a decision. I am so grateful to not be the judge! Thankfully the kids still get to see their family and spend time with them. They love their visit times and I am grateful they get to continue that bond with family.
We pray daily that things go well for this case. We know God cares about these kiddos. I have seen his hands in it and I am sure angels are watching out for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment