Tuesday, January 29, 2019

The Week of Christmas 2018

After a great December the week of Christmas came and life got CRAZY!  I realized very quickly that I was NOT as prepared for Christmas as I thought I was and now I was out of time...  Throw a very sick/fussy baby in on top of that and I was so.tired. by the end of Christmas day.  But all parties and activities went well and all the children were happy Christmas morning so I would still call it a success!!

Christmas week for us started when my sister and her family coming into town.  The kids got to sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's house with the cousins for a night while I got some wrapping done at home.


The Saturday before Christmas we hosted McKay's family for a Christmas party.  The party was at lunch time and we had breakfast foods.  Delicious! The kids and dad's played a fun game of dodgeball in the basement and we opened gifts from Grandma and Grandpa.  McKay's brother, Preston, and his family came from California for Christmas.  They stayed with us for a night.  Loved being able to finally meet their sweet kids, Emery and Holden.











Sunday we had one hour of church and then we prepped our house for the Fry family party.  The Fry family is my mom's brothers and sisters and their kids and grandkids.  This party is a long time tradition and has lots of fun that comes with it.  We ate dinner, did a white elephant game, read/acted out the nativity, Santa visited and brought presents, and then we almost forgot about dessert.  Lots of fun!













Christmas Eve we went to My Aunt's house for a yummy breakfast with all of my cousins and families.  We call it the Cannon Family breakfast and it is just the best ever :)  

After the breakfast we went for a visit to McKay's mom's house to have some special time with her.  We built a fire while we were there and enjoyed visiting with her.  









The Christmas visiting just continued and we headed to my parents house for our traditional Christmas eve kids treasure hunt, created by Grandpa and then we eat snack foods and sing Christmas songs.  It was so fun to have all the grandkids together for Christmas!





We finished off the evening at OUR OWN HOUSE (first time spending Christmas at home) where we took quick showers (we smelled like a fire) and then opened new jammies.  The kids were SO excited for Santa to come!  





We hope they slept well while mommy and daddy sent out the gifts that we had gotten for them.  This year for gifts we did 2 gifts from mom and dad, each kid drew a name and bought a gift for one sibling, and then Santa brought each child a present as well as a group gift (he brought a new trampoline).  

Christmas morning the kids got up at 7 ish and were so excited to go down to the living room.  They did a great job at sleeping all night and were pretty faithful at not peeking too much. 



Then the upwrapping began...  The kids were pretty good at taking turns opening presents which I was so happy about because I like being able to watch others open their gifts.  Some of the highlights this year was the trampoline set up in the backyard, Addie's new bike, a Roku, Build a bear clothes and gift card, scooters for the little ones, number bots that transform for Declin, and a new remote control car for Jensen.  Rockwell got a chew toy and some Norman Rockwell postcards (to hang in his room) for his first Christmas.  







Half way through opening presents Grandma Pace came over and was able to join us for the Christmas morning magic.





After presents we gave the kids some breakfast and then headed over to Corinne and Stu's house.    

We then had more yummy breakfast food (if you are counting that is like 5 breakfast type meals in 4 days haha!).  We opened presents and had one last Christmas hurrah!  




I wont lie after a late night on Christmas Eve I went home that afternoon and took a nap until 6 pm!  I felt human again! 

Hope Everyone had a Merry Christmas!  So grateful for the Savior and the chance to spend time with family and friends.    









No comments:

Post a Comment