Saturday, April 14, 2018

Happy Love Day 2018

I have said this before, but I love Valentines day.  Probably didn't love it in jr. high and high school, but these days it is a pretty nice day to celebrate all the loved ones I have in my life.  I also love it since it is usually the same week as my birthday, which makes it a party week. 

This year was our first year experiencing Valentines day at a public school.  At Addie's charter school last year they did not celebrate any holidays so Valentines day was just another day of school.  But this year they did a little celebrating in her 1st grade classroom.  Each child decorated a box and they all brought small Valentines for each other.  Her Valentines box idea came straight from Pinterest and her valentines for her friends were the store bought variety with a candy taped to them.  I am not fancy.  :)  We are trying to keep the expectations low around here.  :)


While Addie was at school I took the other kids on a special Valentines day outing.  I really wasn't in the mood to give the kids more toys or candy for Valentines day (just more stuff to clutter the house) so we opted for a Valentines date.  We went to Battle Zone here in Idaho Falls.  It is a kids play place with Arcade games and blow up slides and bounce houses.  It was our first time there and my boys loved it, but there wasn't much that Magnolia could do.  She mostly just walked around and watched the boys play.




  



Dinner that evening was a special family dinner.  The kids dressed up in costumes, we decorated the table a little, and we had a fun dinner together.  



It was an extra special day as well since Valentines day marked 20 weeks (aka the half way point) of this pregnancy with baby #5.  I am now calling this baby our "holiday" baby since we found out on Halloween weekend that we were pregnant with him, his 20 week mark was on Valentines day, and he is due on the 4th of July.  We love celebrating these milestones with him and are so grateful he is growing so well.  We love you SO much little guy!


One last note about Valentines day... The weekend before Valentines day we went to Utah for a quick visit.  While we were there my parents were sweet and made Valentine sugar cookies with the kids.  The kids had a grand time baking and decorating with grandma and grandpa and I was glad we were able to make the mess at their house ;)  





Hope everyone had a happy Valentines day!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment