Tuesday, April 7, 2015

6 Months Old- Declin

Declin is half way to his first birthday.  I love the first year.  It is so full of firsts and so. much. cuteness.


Last week Declin had his 6 month check up.  I had felt like he had really gotten bigger and some more chunk to him.  Well I was a little off.  He is still teeny tiny.  He weighs 15 lbs 3 oz and is in the 9th percentile.  Everything checked out well and he is healthy and developing great.

This past month brought some new things with it.  Declin stopped wanted to be rocked to sleep.  I was pretty sad about it, but knew it was probably for the best so I didn't fight him on it.  One week McKay happened to put Declin to bed several nights in a row.  He has a little bit different bedtime routine then I do so the next time I went to put Declin to bed he would just cry as I rocked him.  Finally I decided to just lay him in his crib and after snuggling him in his blankets he stopped crying immediately and fell right to sleep.  What?!  So he now just gets set in his crib awake and falls asleep on his own... most of the time.


This month he also started eating oatmeal and rice cereal.  He likes it most of the time and eats it most nights for dinner mixed with some formula.  I plan to not use a lot of baby food and just let him eat the table food that we are eating (cut really tiny or mashed up ofcourse) but I figured we would start with rice cereal just so that he could get the chewing and swallowing method down.  We did this method with Jensen and it worked well and also saved us from having to buy or make tons of baby food.  My new pediatrician actually encouraged me to just feed him our food and said that he can have anything except honey.  I really liked that he was more up to date with his info and suggestions then what I had heard before.






Declin is still taking 2 naps a day and then goes to bed about 8.  He usually wakes up twice a night and then wakes up for the day around 7:30.




As far as movement and new tricks go he can scoot, roll, do push ups, and turn in circles but has yet to sit up on his own.  He is just not very interested in doing it yet.  Hopefully in the next few weeks he will figure sitting up out.  Watching him try and sit in his high chair is kind of a joke because he is so tiny and can't really hold himself up so he ends up sliding way down and getting stuck.  I never realized our high chair was so big!  He does love his exersaucer and being able to see what is going on around him.

Declin wears size 3-6 month clothes and is on the border of size 2 and size 3 diapers.  I love his comb-over hair although it is definitely all gone in the back.  Hopefully it will grow back soon!

We love our little Declin.  :)








  

No comments:

Post a Comment