Long before he was born I had the goal to reach my pre-pregnancy weight by the time he turned 6 months old. I completed a similar goal with Jensen and felt that I should be able to do it again.
I don't believe that it was a drastic goal or anything. I just picked my goal by looking at the middle of the BMI index for my height. Honestly my overall goal was really just to be healthy.
I gained 30lbs with Declin's pregnancy which kind of felt like a lot; so I was interested to see if I could reach my goal by the 6 month mark. Unfortunately the holiday eating hit soon after I gave birth to him and things were not looking good as I was not loosing very much weight by the end of 2014. But then in January, Feb, and March things went a lot smoother as I was eating at home more and I was back to my regular exercise routine. I did not "diet" or change any habits differently then when I was pregnant. I still ate desserts and except for 1 week of using my fitness pal app. I never counted calories.
I ALMOST reached my goal.
Today I am about 5 lbs away from my pre pregnancy weight. I don't have a scale so I am not sure of the exact numbers. But all of my "smallest" clothes fit again and I feel great. So even though I am not quite there (I hope to get there in the next month or so) I am happy with what I have accomplished.
The main thing I am most grateful for is healthy eating. We are not perfect, but I LOVE how far we have come with food. It has taken years of pretty intense focus to get to the place that we are now, but we now have a great "book" (most of them are on pinterest that I just "refer" to) of recipes that we love. I use certain tips and tricks that work great for our little family and our schedule. We have also found a great balance with eating healthier, but not going WAY out of control with our food budget. McKay and I are both happy with this aspect of our lives. I really like the way I am able to gain weight for pregnancy and then lose it without having to stress too much about all the details and calories in between. Healthy eating is perfect for all the different stages of life that we find ourselves in. No more fade diets or just "letting" myself go just because I am pregnant.
Ok I am done preaching. :) Here are a few before, during, and after pictures just for fun.
Before-
December 2013 (right before I got pregnant with Declin)
During:
Pregnant with Declin
After:
1 week post delivery (look at his hair!)
Today- 6 months after Delivery (5ish lbs away from my goal)
So grateful for a my body and all that it is capable of. I will update about the real star of the show (Mr. Declin) soon!


I seriously cannot get enough of your blog! I love it! You have such a cute little family. I always feel happier and more positive after I read your blog.
ReplyDeleteAlso totally can relate to body image struggle. My first pregnancy killed me! Gained so much weight and I have the stretch marks to prove it. My second pregnancy I worked out and ate a lot better but still dont have my body back. I struggle with the clean eating. Can you post more about what you guys eat? Recipes, snacks, what you give your little ones? Thanks!! Keep posting!!
Thank you so much! Your comment totally made my week! I hear ya on the stretch marks! I have many also! grr! I will definitely try and write more details of some of the things that work for my family as far and what foods we eat, etc. Having kids eat healthy is hard, especially 2 year olds. Hang in there! p.s. I peeked at your facebook page. Your little ones are adorable! What a beautiful family you have!
Delete