Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Good Bye April

This time of year is always so crazy busy.  I say it every year and we don't even have kids in school yet.  But while it IS so busy it is also so fun!  Graduations, weddings, parties, yard work, sunshine, and summer plans prep.  The days having been flying by and I haven't posted as much as I should.  So here is a quick update on our lives and hopefully I will come back later with more details.

Declin turned 7 months old.  That just seems so old to me.  The boy has a love/hate relationship with the new foods that he is trying.  He definitely does not like textures so we are rethinking our introduction to foods plan.



Jensen is LOVING playing outside.  He prefers no shoes and I love that he will play barefoot.  Also if you are near him in the next few weeks, ask him to say "ball hoop" (basketball hoop)  cutest words ever! He points out every basketball hoop that we see whether we are in the car or in the middle of sacrament meeting.  Oh and he screams/crys/wails whenever we pull into the grocery store parking lot.  The kid hates that I still make him sit in the seat in the cart.


Adalyn asks everyday who we are going to see that day or who is coming to our house.  The girl is just so social and thrives off of being with friends and family.  It makes it kind of hard to be a homebody and not go anywhere when you have a 3 year old who wants to go "somewhere" everyday.  I feel kind of bad that she is not going to an official preschool next year, but I also know that she does not need help with her "social" skills.  We will have fun doing our own preschool and I already have a few play dates/ friend parties planned out in my head.  So she should be good.  She is also into gardening like mommy and daddy.  We bought each of the kids their own little shovels so they have been digging a lot.


Kajsa.  I have found a good daily routine that is working well for us.  I am staying up on the laundry and dishes better then I ever have in the past.  Although on the flip side taking care of 3 kids is getting harder, not easier.  They have me running in 3 different directions these days and their is just not much room for anything else.

McKay is pretty busy at work and has been traveling a little bit more then normal.  He is such a good example to me and has been doing a no sugar challenge at work.  He has stuck to it and in turn has helped me cut back on the sugar stuff that we have around the house.


Our house is in desperate need of a de-clutter and hopefully we will do that in the next few weeks.  Too much stuff makes me a little crazy!

Our yard is to the fun stage and we get to add bushes and curbing this year.  I am so excited!  We planted a few flowers last night on a whim and I have regretted it all day.  I know it is WAY too early to plant here in Idaho, but the warm weather was just whispering in my ear to "do it!".  Maybe we will get lucky and a few of them will survive.

We are also in the middle of refinishing our kitchen table.  Doing this project has made McKay and I realize that we really don't have time for projects these days.  Hopefully we will get it done soon!  It will be nice to not have that lovely oak color for our table anymore.  :)


Hope you all had a good April too!  


     


No comments:

Post a Comment