A few months ago Jensen started asking me "Where's Jensen?" (in his quiet little voice). I thought it was cute and assumed that he was just playing a game. But after a few more times of him asking me I realized that he was really asking where Adalyn was. Then I thought that maybe he was confused and just thought that everyone was called "Jensen". So I tried to explain that her name was Adalyn not Jensen. But turns out he just couldn't pronounce Adalyn so he decided to call her Jensen. The two of them are really good friends so he is always concerned about where she is and I think it frustrated him that he couldn't say her name so he just changed it. :)
So these days Adalyn responds to the name Jensen whenever he calls her. Silly guy, someday he will learn to talk full sentences, but until then we will continue to try and understand his wants and needs through his own little language and dramatic voice fluctuations.
And this girl. She is a great big sister.



No comments:
Post a Comment