Sunday, March 8, 2015

*Little Things* #1

I have noticed that since having Declin my posts have become very business like.  I write about the main events in our life and hit on all the major milestones, but all of the fluff and fun is gone.  Part of it is that the spark in the blogging world is gone.  Nobody blogs anymore, nobody really reads personal blogs anymore, and hence it makes me not very excited to write anymore.  Secretly (or not so secretly) I blame Instagram.  haha!  I have very much a love/hate/annoyed relationship with instagram, but I wont really go into all of that because it doesn't really matter.  It is what it is and blogging is old school.  BUT this is our family journal and I want to keep documenting our lives and until I find a better solution then pictures on Instagram I am going to keep blogging.

So in an effort to spice up the old blog and help me enjoy writing about the little things again I am going to start a "Little Things"series.  Nothing super exciting, but just little things from our week that I want to remember to document.  Seriously don't get too excited, it wont be much.  But hopefully it will give me a place to write about the random things that might be forgotten.

Here we go.... This weeks *Little Thing* is Jensen blowing bubbles.

This guy is getting so independent and "I do" are his favorite words.  It is so fun to be able to understand him more and more.  He is a pretty serious guy most of the time and is not very social, but when he does open up it is usually him being a tease.  He loves teasing and has already pulled some pretty funny jokes on me.





I love these pictures because they are real, not staged (hence the fingerprints on the window) he didn't know that I was taking them, and the lighting was perfect so no flash was there to mess them up.

Oh toddlerhood... I think by the time I am done raising toddlers I will love it... maybe.


Oh and this other boy, Declin, is trying to skip my favorite baby stage by crawling before he can sit up on his own.  How dare he!  I LOVE the stage where they can sit up and entertain themselves, but they can't move off your specifically designed play area aka, a blanket.  But the kid has been getting up on his hands and knees this week and rocking.  Say what?!  He will be running away from me before I know it!




Oh and I also while I am talking about the boys I have been meaning to give a quick update on our cloth diapering adventures.  They are both in diapers these days, but we are only using cloth diapers with Jensen.  We tried them for about 2 days with Declin when he was 3 months old and then he pooped.  That baby/breast milk poop is some serious stuff and it just left our diapers in a disgusting mess!  It was way too much work on my part to get it off and I told McKay it was not worth it to me to keep doing that.  I guess you can call me a fair weather cloth diaperer. So we are waiting until he is eating more solids before transitioning him to the cloth diapers.  But cloth diapering a toddler is seriously easy and it is going very well.  Jensen has been wearing cloth diapers since last July and I have only bought 1 box of disposables for him since then (for trips to Utah).  Sweet!

    

   

  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment