Friday, March 3, 2017

Weekly Recap #4 Feb 12- Feb 18

This was an extra special week with Valentines Day and my Birthday...

I had a really fun week this past week and I am sad to see it all come to an end. 

It started with a fun FHE on Monday where we made valentines boxes.  Birthday wrapping paper with markers really.  The kids really enjoyed it.  Adalyn is at the stage where she just wants to make cards and write notes all.day.long.  So she LOVED valentines day.  I seriously think she enjoyed it more then Christmas.  I tried to make it a special day for everyone and I think I succeeded.

Valentines day we had French toast and sausage for breakfast.  None of the kids really ate, but it is the thought that counts right?!  Atleast that is what I told myself.  Then we decorated cards all day long and filled up our mail boxes.  Addie's school doesn't have class parties so we had one at home.  At dinner time we decorated the house, put on silly valentines costumes and ate a "red" dinner.  I made chicken parmesan for the first time and it was delicious!  After dinner we opened our little boxes and read each others notes.  I really enjoyed it and hope to make it a family tradition as the years go on.  After the kids went to bed McKay asked the neighbor girl to come over and sit with the kids while he and I went out to cold stone.   

Thursday we went to I Jump.  Again.  This time as a joy school field trip.  Jensen has the cutest little joy school friends.  And no he doesn't have a drooling problem (see the picture below), he just can't reach the drinking fountain very well. 

Friday was my birthday!  McKay stayed home and we cleaned the house.  We had our kids try out their first week of "Friday jobs" Adalyn was assigned the kitchen and Jensen did the bathrooms.  Of course we were right there with them the whole time showing them how to do everything.  But I kept having flashbacks to all those years of doing our jobs after school on Fridays.  McKay also cleaned the baseboards, light fixtures, the laundry room, and the fridge.  That was his valentines gift to me and I loved it!  Friday evening we went out on a date.  We went to Johnny Carinos.  I am really obsessed with that place these days.  Late Friday evening Mom and Dad and Mykelti and Draesen came to spend the weekend with us.  Thank you again for coming!  We loved having you here and we were all a little depressed when you left.  While they were here we were able to get some more work on the basement done.  McKay and Dad got started on the H-Vac and are slowly figuring it out.  It is slow work, but coming along well.  While they worked, mom and I took the kids to the movie Moana.  It was a free showing for McKay's work at a local theater.  We all really enjoyed it!  Saturday afternoon the boys went and played Frisbee golf at the park and the girls went to the mall.  I got a fun new outfit that was all on clearance and a few new pairs of boots on clearance so I had a great time shopping.  :)  Saturday night we had cake and ice cream.  I even got to blow out candles which is always fun even if I am 27 years old.     

Sunday after church we had a delicious Thanksgiving type dinner.  It was very yummy and we enjoyed spending time playing games.  Mom has the new high score for 7 Wonders.  She knocked my old high score out of the water!  My kids loved playing hide and seek Sunday night with everyone.  Adalyn had the biggest grin when she came out of the best hiding spot of the evening.  She thought she was so tricky, it was really cute. 

Thanks everyone for making my birthday weekend special.  I felt so much gratitude all week and feel very blessed.  I am very grateful for my kids and their sweet personalities and for the many people who sent texts and phone calls!  Love you all! 

Have a happy week!


Love,
Kajsa and Fam
























1 comment:

  1. That Adalyn is a little diva isn't she?! That picture is the best thing I have ever seen! Haha, I laughed out loud! You are such a cute mom, Kajsa. Teach me how you do all of this stuff.

    ReplyDelete