After arriving we took a tour around the house and checked out the basement that is currently getting finished. We are sure excited for it to get complete because having our own room with our 3 little munchkins will definitely help when we visit. After the grand tour we checked out the surrounding neighborhood which does not lack for things to do. A lake, outdoor concerts, splash pads, parks, swimming pools, eating, shopping... Yeah I think we will like visiting there.
We started out by enjoying the closest splash pad that we could find and the kids LOVED it. Also they pretty much had it to themselves which was nice. It was a HOT day so we only lasted for about 35 mins before heading back to Grandma's house for ice cream.
Be very impressed that I got a picture of all of them at the same time, all looking in the same direction. They were wild kids running/crawling all over the place!
That night my parents headed out for their life long dream. They were finally headed to Germany after years and years of planning this trip. SO glad that they finally got to go and it sounds like they are having tons of fun.
Sunday morning we went to Kaysville for my cousin, Trevor's mission homecoming talk. Melanie (his older sister) also blessed her baby that day. I have been dying for the day that Melanie had kids. That day is finally here and it was so fun seeing her cute little girl! There were tons of people at their house after, but I did get to sneak a few cuddle sessions. Newborns are the sweetest and Melanie and John are the best parents. Now we just need to live closer. Oh and I am so glad we grabbed a picture with our babies! McKay got a few rounds of Settlers of Catan in with Stu and my cousins and I got to hang out with the girls.
My baby is not so little anymore! :(
Trevor is so awesome as a returned missionary and it is great to have him back. His talk really blew me away and while he was speaking I kept trying to figure out when he grew up because I swear he was just barely my little cousin and now he is a full grown adult.
Here is a quick comparison to when he left 2 years ago...
And then here he is 2 years later hanging out with Jensen.
All in all the day was so fun. I had really been looking forward to seeing everyone and it did not disappoint. What a blessing family is.
After hanging out with my cousins, we headed over to McKay's brothers house. Laron and Michelle are in the middle of moving. They sold their house super fast and now they are frantically trying to get their new house all fixed up so that they can move into it. We stayed with them Sunday night so that we could be there bright and early Monday morning to help them as they worked. McKay and I tag teamed it and while he went to the new house with Laron and Michelle to do projects I stayed back at their old house and watched all the kids. Their kids were really well behaved and we had a fun day playing, going to the park, building a fort, and getting wet. Once you have your own kids I feel like you don't really get to bond with your nieces and nephews as much so it was fun to be able to hang out with them all day. Adalyn and Jensen loved it too.
These two little ones kept me on my toes!
Monday night we drove home and Tuesday morning we started prepping for our fun 4th of July weekend. Family time is the best. I really needed it that weekend too! All of the stuff with the recent supreme court ruling has left me feeling a little down about life and society in general. A good weekend being with family was the perfect way to feel the spirit and gain strength. Life is good!












Where did your parents move to again? It sounds like such a wonderful place to live. I'm glad you got to spend time with family. It's always so nice to recharge.
ReplyDeleteThey moved to Day Break (right next to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple). So just a little ways away from Draper where they used to live.
DeleteA big AMEN on the Supreme Court ruling stuff. I've decided I just need to focus on family truths and stop reading all the other stuff about it that just bums me out! Glad to have you come for the homecoming stuff...I think Melanie should move closer as well! :-)
ReplyDelete