As our little girls grew they became BEST friends. They talked about each other all the time. Waved from their sliding glass doors. Held hands when they ran, hugged each other like sisters, and cried when they had to leave. I may sound a bit dramatic, but these are little girls we are talking about. They are dramatic. It was SO fun to watch them interact.
This past year we did a little joy school with Hannah and some of their friends and I am so glad that we did so that the girls got to play more.
Recently Hannah's family decided the time had come to find a different house for their family. They moved a couple weeks ago. I am pretty sure I was in denial all the way up to the day that they left. I had tried to warn Adalyn about Hannah moving, but I really don't think that it sunk in. So when we came back from a trip to Utah and they were all moved out I told Adalyn that Hannah had moved. She didn't say much, but just went out and sat on their little swing set that they used to play on and just stared at their house. *tears* As a parent you always want your kids to have good friends, and Hannah was a really good one and we already miss their family lots. Obviously we can still get the girls together to play, but it just wont be the same as them running in the backyard together.
A couple weeks before they moved we took our kids to the zoo. It was fun to let the girls play and run around together.
Lots has happened since we moved in 3 1/2 years ago including a few new siblings to add to the mix. So glad that we got to know this sweet family and we will miss them as neighbors.







Oh, shoot, if Melanie had known then she and John could have moved in! Britta's a little young, but I'm sure Addy would have loved her too! ;-)
ReplyDeleteOh, so sweet! I love little best friends. It's so sad when they have to move away.
ReplyDelete