Declin is 9 months old. This age is of course SO fun, but along with loving all his new tricks and growth I am also a bit terrified. He is SO busy and has no idea about the many dangers of life. So far he has only had a few bumps and falls, but there has been a lot of tiny panic moments. "Where is Declin?!" "Is the sliding door shut?!" "What is that in his mouth?!" Those sort of moments have ruled my life. I swear he isn't my first child, but I am finding myself more easily distracted with other things, that watching his every move has not been as possible as it was with the first two kids. So I loose him in the house easier, and he gets into more mischief.
But he is still alive and well today, so things must be going ok. :)
At his appointment he weighed 16.5 lbs, and is in the wopping 8th percentile. He wears 6-9 month clothes and his first pair of shoes finally fit him!
After his 9 month appointment we celebrated by playing at the mall playground to beat the heat. Yes I let him crawl around on the germ filled playground... I am still grossed out that I let him do it.
Month 8-9 brought more climbing and crawling. He has perfected the no knees crawl for all hard surfaces and can do this one just as fast as his normal crawl.
He can climb up stairs, but not down. He can stand up to pretty much all furniture and walk along it.
He makes really loud noises. Grunting, growling, and laughing are his favorite. He also learned to wave and knows dada. He waves both his arms and legs really fast whenever he sees Adalyn or Jensen. SO grateful for sibling bonds, they are pretty cool.
He sleeps through the night a lot, but not all the time. If he does wake up it is around 5:30 am for a bottle and then falls back asleep until 8:30 am. We are in a bad routine of late nights, and so all my kids are sleeping in late these days.
He is nursing twice a day and then has bottles the rest of the time. I have no excuse for why he isn't nursing full time except "I am lazy." I have not had a break from pregnancy or nursing for over 3 years so I felt like I needed one. Oh and he bites me now so we aren't loving nursing these days. He does love the bottle and I was sort of hoping that formula would help him gain more weight, but it has not helped much. He will only drink 3-4 oz at a time. We try to give him more, but he just pushes it away.
This month he went from wanting us to feed him, to wanting to only feed himself. This is nice to not have to spoon feed him, but it does increase our daily messes.
I posted this picture on instagram and while I have a pet peeve of recycling pictures and using them in every form of social media, I am going to share this one here also since it describes this month and I want to save it. It was hot this month and we played in the water a lot. My kids are awesome about splash pads, sprinklers, and pools. They also love the our water table. Declin is excited to join in on the action and has even started taking showers with the kids at night. Although he does still love a good bath time.
Something funny about him is that he loves to blow on your skin and make the funny noises. In the picture below he is blowing on his arm, but he is known to blow on anyone's legs or arms that he can get a hold of. So funny the things that they pick up on. We love having him in our family
Happy 9 Months Mr. Declin













He is so cute. I am with you on the betting worried all the time thing. It's amazing the things that he finds to put in his mouth and how quickly he can get up the stars of I forget to lock the gate! Oh. And I love that Declin blows raspberries on other people! Too cute.
ReplyDelete