This year we went to Evanston for Thanksgiving and spent the day with McKay's Dad and Step mom Liz. The food was wonderful and we all enjoyed it. We had the meal at the church which was nice so that the kids could run around and have plenty of space.
This was Big Sis, Mr. J, and Little A's first Thanksgiving with us. They love food so they enjoyed that part of it. I think they were fairly nervous about all the new people around and weren't quite sure of what to think of the big "Thanksgiving day".
We ended up having a big snow storm on Thanksgiving that made getting to Evanston difficult and several families were not able to make it to the dinner. After some debating we decided to risk the roads. While it made for a long travel day we were able to get there and back safely without too many concerns. The church parking lot ended up being the worst of the snow, but thankfully we didn't get stuck.
Also, I made the kids all wear matching shirts. Matching everyone is my favorite part about having this many kids so close together.
In the busyness of life I find it hard to sit still and be grateful. I love all of these little humans and I am so thankful for them, but sometimes find myself just wishing the days away in exchange for calmer/easier ones. Thanksgiving was a good reminder to me to be thankful for the chaos. While I can't soak it all in ALL the time I am thankful for this blog and the few memories that I am able to record. Because I know I will look back someday and I will barely be able to remember what life was like during this time. My mind is all over the place and there is just simply too much to remember. I truly hope and pray that these kids think back on these days as good ones where they felt love and a connection with their parents/family.
I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!















No comments:
Post a Comment