They watch Halloween movies all month long and read Halloween stories. We even went to Zurchers a few times just so they could check out all of the creepy Halloween decorations they have there. They love them!
This year for Halloween Adalyn was a mermaid...
Jensen was Spiderman...
Declin was Rocky from Paw Patrol...
Magnolia was a cupcake (same costume Adalyn wore at this age)...
The Saturday before Halloween we had our ward Trunk or Treat. I loved seeing all of the decorated cars and costumes. After the trunk or treat we had a chili dinner and more carnival games for the kids. I this is my kid's favorite party of the year and they had a great time!
They also carved their pumpkins on Halloween that they grew in our garden. I forgot to grab a picture with the boys and their pumpkins, but Adalyn carved a cat, Jensen carved a spooky face, and Declin carved a dog.
Aunt Mykelti came to visit us over Halloween. It was so nice to have her here to help us celebrate the holiday and do all the activities that come with this holiday.
In the morning on Halloween we went to the library for a special Halloween story time and trick or treating.
After the library we went to watch Adalyn's costume parade at school. I love how excited she gets to have us come visit her at school. She is too cute!
After the parade we had quiet time (more for the adults then the kids) and waited to go trick or treating that evening. We had soup and rolls for dinner and then Mykelti and I took the kids out for some trick or treating around the neighborhood while McKay stayed home and passed out candy with Magnolia.
The kids completely filled their buckets and then headed home to eat candy and watch a Halloween movie. The kids thought it was the best day ever! It really was a special one and I am grateful for the memories we have from it!










No comments:
Post a Comment