Wednesday, June 14, 2017

McKay Turns 32!

32... I think that is right.  Either way, McKay had a birthday!  McKay (aka daddy around these parts) turned 32 on June 3rd.  We love celebrating McKay, especially since he does so much for our family.


But I am slowly learning to not ask him how he wants to celebrate his birthday, because his answer is always boring.  haha!  This year he caught me at a good moment and I let him pick what he wanted to do on his special day.  Instead of me forcing him to celebrate his birthday MY way.  His choice was.... drum roll.... work on the basement.  SO not fun right?!  Well that and NOT have a birthday cake.

McKay is currently off of desserts these days and most processed sugar in general except for the very rare super special moment.  The weekend before his birthday he had had a piece of cake at my mom's birthday party so he decided to count that as his cake too.  The kids were really disappointed when they heard about no cake. 

So in an effort to give McKay more time to work on the basement I decided to take the kids to the park in the morning on his birthday to give him space to work.  But at the last second McKay decided he could work later and came with us to the park.


We were happy to have daddy join us!  He played Disc golf while the kids played on the splash pad and then he joined them at the splash pad while I went for a walk around the park with Magnolia.  In the end we had a very relaxing and enjoyable time and we were so happy McKay came with us.  The rest of the day McKay worked while I kept tabs on the kids while they played outside.  The we had chicken sandwiches (his request) for dinner and chocolate banana smoothies for dessert.










This year for McKay's birthday gift we got him a child carrier backpack to wear when we go hiking.  We actually bought it on our trip to Las Vegas and have already used it once.  But we pulled it back out on his birthday and he gave each kid a few rides in it.  Adalyn even wanted a turn.  Such a nice daddy these kids have! 

After we put the kids to bed that evening I went downstairs with McKay to "watch him work".  Really I just got caught up on a few things on the computer and played some fun music on youtube while he did some electrical work.  But I was there supporting him, even if I didn't actually do any work. 





Happy Birthday McKay we are happy to celebrate with you!   


No comments:

Post a Comment