Sunday, May 21, 2017

Adalyn's Dance Recital 2017

This year we had a lot of "firsts" in our family.  Poor Adalyn gets to be the guinea pig for everything.  One of the firsts that we had this year was the first time one of our kids has done an organized activity outside of the home.  Originally we had decided that when our kids turned 5 they could then choose to do a activity outside of the house such as soccer, dance, gymnastics, etc.  I say originally because we have now decided to have the age mark for their first activity will just be the year before they go to kindergarten instead of them having to be exactly 5 years old.  So Jensen will be starting his first activity (we think it is going to be gymnastics) this fall instead of making him wait until he is 5 in December.

Anyways back to Adalyn, for her first activity she decided to try dance.  I did dance for 10 years as a child so I was really excited for her to go to her first dance class.  Plus I really thought she would love it since she loves dancing all over the house to music.  

We put her in with the sweetest dance teacher who teaches dance out of her home.  Miss Shana.  She really was the perfect teacher and made Adalyn feel so loved a special.  They did two dance performances this year.  One at Christmas time and then a big spring performance.  

Adalyn just had her big spring performance on May 10th.  She got to perform two dances a tap dance and a ballet one.  They performed to Walking on Sunshine (from the movie Ella Enchanted) and a cute version of You are My Sunshine.  Adalyn did awesome in both dances and really remembered the moves well.  She had her sassy walk out and loved being on stage.  One of the things that I loved about this performance was that before the dances start they let each dancer come out and introduce themselves and say their name and how old they are.  All the dancers loved talking in the microphone and I thought it was a cute addition to the show.













 While Adalyn did awesome in her dances our other kids didn't do so great at her show.  boo! Magnolia was sad because she had just had shots that day and was sore.  The boys were whiny and Declin was super tired.  So lesson learned there (don't bring toddlers to performances).



After a fun year of dance we talked to Adalyn about what she wanted to do next year and she decided that she wants to try doing a little swim team next year instead of dance.  She really does love to swim so I think it will be fun for her to try that out next year.  But I will miss having a little dancer.  Maybe Magnolia will want to be a dancer.  We will see!  But for now, congratulations Adalyn.  You were beautiful on stage and we love watching you learn new things!  



  

  


No comments:

Post a Comment