Saturday, January 7, 2017

2 Months Old- Magnolia

On December 22, 2016 Magnolia turned two months old.  Once again, just like her 1 month birthday we were frantically trying to pack up for a trip to Utah.  This time it was for Christmas instead of Thanksgiving.  But I did remember to take her pictures before we left!



Honestly there is not much to say, she is such a wonderful baby!  She has been my most calm and sweet baby so far (and we have had some really good ones!).  Her personality is so mellow and relaxed, but not TOO relaxed that I worry that something is wrong.  She started sleeping 6-9 hours at night this month and is on a great eat, play, sleep schedule during the day.  She eats about every 2 1/2 hours during the day since she sleeps so much at night. 

She has improved with making eye contact this month long and could hold your gaze fairly well by the end of the month.  She had a little cold this month, but got through it without a trip to the Dr. office. 

She continues to be the highlight of everyone's day and Adalyn is such a big helper with her and keeping her safe from her brothers.



As for big events in her life this month... She was blessed on December 11th, she got to go on her first date with mommy and daddy, and she attended many fun Christmas activities (she slept through most of them though).




She weighed 12 lbs 5 oz at her 2 month checkup, but we were several weeks late with her appointment so she has probably gained about 5 oz since her actual two month birthdate.'

She still is exclusively nursing, loves her swing, and still sleeping in her rock-n-play during the night.  She doesn't love being put in and out of her carseat all day as we run errands and pick Adalyn up from school, but usually a binky will help keep her calm during our many trips in the car.

My only complaint with her is that she is my 4th child and so I don't feel like I get nearly enough time during the day to love and snuggle her.  I really should be better about sitting down and just holding her, but there always seems to be something else to do.  So I mostly only sit and hold her when I am nursing.  McKay is awesome about holding her all evening and Adalyn holds her a lot during the day so she definitely gets love and attention I just wish that I could be there more often.  

We love you sweet baby and LOVE having you in our family.   

         

1 comment:

  1. I am only on number three and I definitely feel that conflict of wanting to hold and pay attention to the baby but have so much other stuff going on as well! So hard to find the balance! She is adorable!!! Love seeing your growing family!

    ReplyDelete