Sunday, January 24, 2016

A New Sunbeam

Jensen turned 3 on December 27th and is now in the sunbeams primary class at Church (class for kids age 3 turning 4).

This was his first week as a sunbeam.  Oh and I promise he did wear shoes to church.

 

Since he is a very young 3 year old I was worried about how he was going to handle the adjustment from the toys and treats in nursery to sitting with his class in primary.  Jensen rocked nursery.  He loved every second of it and sometimes would cry when we would pick him up because he didn't want to leave.  He loved his teachers and never looked back whenever we would drop him off.  

His first week in primary went ok with only a couple tears.  He was intrigued about what this big "primary" thing was that Adalyn was SO excited for him to come to.  I also don't think he totally realized that by going to primary that meant he had to skip nursery.  

After the first week in Sunbeams I could tell he was not totally sold on the whole primary idea and sadly each week since has only gotten worse.  He had a meltdown as we passed the nursery today and continued to pout the rest of sharing time.  Oh boy!


I have no doubt he will eventually figure it out and enjoy being in primary, but I am sure it will take a few more months for him to mature and grow into it.  



Thankfully he eventually settles down and has a good time with his sunbeams class.  Today after church he even told me- "I sorry for me bad choices.  I'm going to make good choices" so I think at least a little bit is sinking in!  

Jensen boy, it is fun watching you try new things and Mommy and Daddy love you!   

No comments:

Post a Comment