Tonight I banished myself to the bedroom to blog. I am way too behind on updates for my comfort. Guys I have a real fear of getting so far behind on my blogging that I just give it up all together. I should look it up since I am sure it is a real phobia ;) I know it happens to the best of us, but I LOVE having these blog posts as my family's journal. So here I am to remedy the situation.
Over the years we have debated about when to decorate for Christmas. The last few years we decorated on Dec 1st, but that date didn't always work perfectly with our schedule so then it would just get stressful trying to find a different time. I also love the idea of already having my Christmas stuff up when I come back from Thanksgiving with family. So our new goal is to decorate the Monday before Thanksgiving. That is what we did this year. Although we did put up the outdoor lights on the house a few weeks earlier before the snow came.
Anyways, that Monday we set up the tree and turned on the lights. Then the kids watched the original Frosty the Snowman while McKay and I decorated the tree. After everything was all set up (we don't have a lot of Christmas decorations) we had hot chocolate. Adalyn LOVES hot chocolate so she was in HEAVEN!
We also pulled out their new Christmas jammies so that they can wear them all season long. You know I love any chance to have them match!
I love how big Declin is starting to look. He loves to copy everything and wants to be big too. Watching these three get excited for Christmas is SO fun. We also pulled out Declin's new fisher price nativity that he got from Christmas last year and he LOVES it. He has carried those people all over the house ever since we pulled them out. So nice when kids actually play with the gifts that you give them ;)
*side note I buy all of my kids Christmas clothes right after Christmas the year before they will wear them when things are on sale so that I only spend $25ish on all of their Christmas jammies and Christmas church clothes combined.
*Also I am REALLY going to try to stop taking pictures for the blog with my phone. The pictures just turn out SO blurry!
Hope you are having a fun and festive holiday season!


No comments:
Post a Comment