Thursday, December 17, 2015

My Boys

So there is a tiny part of me that misses Declin's monthly updates.  Honestly just a tiny part of me.  I really don't love writing them, but I like having all the details of his personality written down.  So I want to do a little update on Declin as he is about to turn 15 months old next week.

Also Jensen grew up recently.  Physically and socially.  I am getting comments daily about how grown up he looks and seems.  And it is true.  Even I have noticed a recent change, so he gets an update too.

This week on Tuesday was our 6th wedding anniversary.  It was SUPER low key.  Seriously we just about blinked and missed it, but I am truly grateful for my handsome husband so I want to include him in this post.


So here is an update on the Pace boys.

Like I said, Declin will be 15 months old on Christmas Eve.  His latest thing is climbing.  Chairs and table are no longer off limits.  Unloading all the drawers is his second favorite activity.  He must love the look of all of the toys/clothes/books spread out all over the house, because he does it ALL day.  With that being said, he is actually really good at actually playing with his toys.  He will sit and be entertained by toys and activities for an extended period of time.  He especially loves the little people nativity that he got for Christmas last year.  He will reset it up several times a day.  He also loves puzzles and anything you can put objects into.  The garbage is apparently THE coolest toy.

Adalyn is his second mommy and he goes to her often to have her comfort him or help him do something.  She doesn't drive him crazy nearly as much as her "helping" did when he was younger.  Declin and Jensen are fun wrestling partners, but that is about it so far.

Declin is STILL a very picky eater, but we don't give in as much as we used to.  He will often love something at one meal, but then refuse it at the next so it is hard to keep track of what he actually likes.  Milk is about the only constant in his life.



Someday we will take the binky and the bottle away (I am thinking after Christmas), but for now he is definitely still attached to both.


He cries every time I say "no" to him.  No matter what he was doing he gets so offended if I scold him.  Such a sensitive boy.  Love him though and so grateful to have him in our family.



Jensen:  Oh Jensen he is growing up, and reaching the lovely three-nager stage.  He has his ways that he likes to do things and if I try and change his routines... oh boy!  Watch out!  Such as when he uses the toilet he insists upon every article of clothing being removed from the waist down.  Socks included.  He is talking more, but when he gets really excited he repeats his words a lot.  Sort of like stuttering, but it is not just a syllable, but a whole word that he will repeat several times.  We are just watching it for now, before we try and do anything about it.

Thankfully he still naps really well.  He CAN go without a nap for a day or two, but then you can tell he really needs one.  Today was one of those days.  He woke up in such a better mood this afternoon.
I am so interested to see how he handles Adalyn going to kindergarten next year.  Right now he is her little shadow.  He follows all of her ideas and just wants to do what she is doing.  So I am excited for him to get the chance to be his own person and have his own ideas.  I think he and Declin will start playing together a lot more.  Should be interesting to see what 2 little boys choose to do.  Doubt dressing up as princesses will be involved....

We love our Jensen boy who according to him is not our baby Jensen, but our "Jensen boy"

As for the oldest Pace boy.  He is doing well. :)  Work is far busier then it has ever been before.  He could spend all day there and never be done with all that needs to get accomplished.  Thankfully he chooses to come home on time most days even if I can still see him thinking about work all night.  Thus the life of an engineer... if there is a problem to be solved, he will think about it until he solves it.  He does enjoy his job, which I am very grateful for.  He also loves his church calling as ward clerk.  For an early Christmas present we bought him a Surface Pro (windows version of an I pad).  Easily the most expensive gift that he has ever asked for.  Honestly I was shocked that he even asked for it, since he hates spending money on himself.  So when he asked I told him to go out that day and get one.  Luckily he listened to me.  :)  It has been a very helpful tool as he takes notes in meetings and can access all ward records quickly and easily.  He has also been great at taking the kids outside and shoveling all the neighbors drive ways on our circle.  They love having him out there and he loves the exercise.

When he is not shoveling snow he often spends his evenings doing dishes or folding laundry.  He also plays with the kids.  Their current favorite game to play with him is prisoner which has taught Declin to run away from me when I call him instead of listening (not good).  I am SO SO grateful for his help in the evenings as that is the time of day when I am regrouping and recharging for the next fun filled day.  


For our anniversary he was sweet and got me a Poinsettia which I thought was really festive for this time of year.  He also got me a necklace and let me pick out some new workout gear.  I got him some new casual shoes for work, which look so awesome on him.  We went on a quick anniversary date last Saturday night for a few hours before his bishopric Christmas party which was fun and he even walked around hobby lobby with me.  True love!  Our actual anniversary was spent at home with the kids, but it was special in its own way.  The past 6 years have been a great start to our marriage.  We are learning and growing together and enjoying the ride.  So grateful for his spiritual strength and his loving words and deeds to me and our sweet children.  I want to be like him when I grow up.  ;)  


           This anniversary really reminded me of our wedding day with how cold and windy it has been.  Also our anniversary was on a Tuesday this year and we were married on a Tuesday.  Yes we took pictures by the heater vents at the temple.  It was that cold.

 

          

    

No comments:

Post a Comment