Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Happy Birthday, My Love

Today is McKay's 30th Birthday!  We (as in the kids and I... not sure how McKay feels about it yet) think that is a pretty cool age to be (and according to the kids he is ancient... you didn't hear that from me.  hehe!)



In honor of his birthday I thought I would say a few words about him.  Honestly I thought about saying "30" things about him, but pretty sure that one has been done before.  Plus I only have about 30 minutes.  ;)

McKay LOVES kids.  We could not to this whole "3 kids 3 and under" thing without him enjoying being around them.  Because pretty much when he is not at work, he is helping with the kids.  Yes it is great!  In fact for his birthday party (which is in a few days) he insisted upon it being a family friendly event instead of an adults only shin-dig like I suggested in the first place.  Bless him!  

With that being said.... McKay is also the "strict" one in our home.  Yes I am guilty of being the push over which I feel bad about since it often makes the kids cling to me when a punishment needs to occur.  But when it is play time... the kids want nothing to do with me and love it when daddy chases them all over the house.  

He loves movies.  Of any kind.  If something is on, he is watching it.  It is hilarious how zoned out he can get when any form of TV is on.  He knows it too, so he doesn't have it on when he is home (pretty impressive self control).  We pretty much only watch a movie or netflix about twice a month when daddy is home and it is usually for an at home date night after the kids are in bed.  Just don't ask about when he is at work ;)

Speaking of work.  He loves his job.  I am so happy that he does. 

He does not know how to spend money.  He can not do it.  He is ultra frugal and loves saving money.  He honestly would buy all necessities of life from a garage sale or Craig's list if he could.  If we have a big purchase to make I usually have to be the one to actually pull the trigger and buy it.  He will shop for it, save the money for it, and want it BUT when it comes down to it he can not physically spend money on something.  The only exception to this rule is if it is something for me.  He knows how to spend money on me.  Which is super sweet and just means that I get to do all the shopping (which I am very much ok with).

He loves me.  Really he does.  I am often reminding him to keep things G- rated for the kids.  hehe! 

He loves finding ways to make things more useful or designing something that can help others.  He has big dreams of having a job where he designs equipment to help those with physical limitations.  I hope he gets there someday.

Our garage is his space and he loves "working" in it.  I only wish he had more time to "work" in it.  

He loves his family fiercely and thinks/worries/prays for them often.   

Well I could go on and on, but my time is up!  We love this man!
  

Someone recently told me that McKay was lucky to have me.  This comment bothered me, because I am truly the lucky one.  He helps me in every way and always wants my happiness over his.  I am the luckiest, and I hope he knows that we love him!  Happy Happy Birthday Dear! 

     

    


2 comments:

  1. This is a really sweet post! And as for someone who has a new found appreciation for adaptive equipment I hope he gets there too because we so appreciate people who have the passion and can design things for Brynne to make her(and our) life easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how similar and yet how different McKay and Jesse are! But I agree, he is a pretty great guy. And you are lucky. But so is he. :)

    ReplyDelete