Wednesday, October 4, 2017

First Day of First Grade 2017

Well school has been going for a month now and I figured I should document the first day of school properly.  Adalyn is now in First grade and goes to school all day.  She looked so cute on her first day of school and I swear she grew up over night. 

1st Grade
6 years old
2017-2018
Mrs. Harker's Class


  

This year Adalyn switched from a Charter School back to our normal public school and we are very happy with that decision.   

We had back to school night the Monday before school started.  Even though this is her first year at this school we already know lots of kids, families, teachers, etc. from our neighborhood and ward.  There were lots of familiar faces and friends which really helped us feel good about our decision.  Adalyn loves her teacher and is developing some fun friendships with others in her class. 


Some new things for Addie this year are that she gets to ride the bus to school and she gets to eat lunch at school this year.  She loves bringing a lunch from home and she tells me lunch time is a highlight of her day.  Riding the bus was not as smooth of a transition.  But it is going fine and this mama is SO grateful that I don't have to pick her up and drop her off each day.


I am grateful for wonderful teachers who put time and effort into helping the children succeed.  I am excited to go in once a month and help with art class.  Adalyn loves to have me come and visit at school.  Also she is one of two Adalyn's in her class so she goes by Addie P. (yep she is one of those kids.  haha!  When we named her we had no idea the name would be so popular).       
 


No comments:

Post a Comment