Magnolia is such a bright spot in our family. She is sleeping great even sleeping through the night most nights. She takes two, two hour naps a day or one, four hour nap. She loves her bed and sleeps best in it although she doesn't mind sleeping in her pack and play at grandmas house. Thank heavens for her sound machine though because she has some noisy siblings. Plus I think the sound machine helps her sleep well anywhere that we are traveling since it is a familiar sound it helps her feel comfortable in a strange place. After being used with three of our kids our sound machine is about on its way out. It only works if you baby it along and find the perfect spot. I think there is a short in its wire.
Magnolia loves her siblings and enjoys watching them do things, but doesn't love when they "attack" her. Declin has been especially hard lately with her and is constantly laying on her and try to pull her around. We have had to watch the two of them together to make sure he isn't too rough and have lots of talks with him about not tormenting her.
Last month Magnolia finally decided to take a bottle which I was so excited about, but then this month she decided that she decided to give up nursing. What?! This month has been a bit frustrating in the nursing department. We were giving her one bottle a day to help supplement my milk supply that didn't seem to be producing enough for her needs especially since she was slow at wanting to try solid food. The bottle was going fine for a few weeks and then she started refusing to nurse. Full on pushing me away when I would try to feed her. Plus she needs a completely quiet/private room to eat in otherwise she gets distracted by what is going on around her. Well a quiet room around these parts is hard to come by. She would eat a tiny bit and then just let the rest leak out everywhere while she played. Pretty frustrating, but I tried to push through. Nursing her had gone so well this time and I was happy with everything. I really wanted to continue until she was at least 12 months old. But she just continues to pull away and my milk supply is just not what it used to be. I am not good at pumping nor do I really want to take the time for it at this point (with her already 8 months old) so our nursing days are numbered with this little munchkin and she will just have formula until she is 11 months old and then we will slowly transition her onto raw cow or goat milk. I really had never had one of my kids stop all on their own like this. It really surprised me. I guess you win some and loose some. I am grateful she still likes formula and everything seems to be going well there.
Plus she has finally figured out solid food and loves eating. She would eat ALL the time. She only semi loves pureed baby food, but she LOVES all of the other food. She is not picky at all yet which I am counting my blessings because Declin was picky from the start. She eats oatmeal with the kids for breakfast, lunch she usually has baby food and then just eats whatever we are having for dinner with us. Happy she finally figured food out and is enjoying it. She is really chunking up now! That is a definite plus to her drinking formula! So adorable!
This month magnolia has learned to scoot around with her arms. I wouldn't call it crawling yet but she can get around. Her poor arms are rubbed raw from dragging them around everywhere, but she doesn't seem to mind. She just loves her new found freedom.
I think Magnolia is going to be our worrier. She is very cautious about everything that she tries and usually has a worried look on her face or is smiling. She also jumps at the smallest sounds and gets nervous very quickly.
Magnolia loves water and has really warmed up to the pool and the bath tub. I love watching her splash in the tub!
She loves her mama and gives me the sweetest cuddles when I pick her up out of her bed in the morning.
Magnolia we love you and I enjoy spending each day with you!














No comments:
Post a Comment