Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Happy Halloween 2015

Halloween is always a fun holiday.  Some years I wish that I made a bigger deal about it.  Such as more decorations, more effort on costumes, more fun activities for the kids.  But I also love the low key feel of the holiday... so who knows if we will ever get around to all of my big plans.




This year Adalyn asked to be a Butterfly fairy.  In all of my extensive searching (aka. Amazon) I could only find a Butterfly PRINCESS costume that fit our standards (meaning had sleeves).  Luckily she loved the costume and was happy to change plans.  Really I think she just wanted the wings.  Oh but then Halloween morning she watched the movie Maleficent.  So the rest of the day she told people that she was Maleficent.  Yeah we didn't get it either...  We just told people to smile and nod.  hehe!  


 



For Jensen I found a few costumes on a buying/selling facebook page that were his size.  They were cheep and should last him for a couple more years.  I let him choose which costume he wanted to wear this year and he chose the tree frog costume.  So we sort of had a princess and the frog theme going.

Declin got stuck with Jensen's hand-me down from a few years ago and so he went as Cookie monster.  I loved his little hood when he would leave on!

Halloween was on a Saturday this year so it was fun to spend the whole day together.  Not that we did anything too exciting, but we had fun anticipating the trick or treating.  Then in the evening we decided to start a little tradition of grilling hot dogs for our Halloween dinner.  It sounded easy enough to me and the kids loved it.  We grilled and ate them outside as we watched the sun go down and all the trick or treaters start heading out through out the neighborhood.  McKay even stayed out and roasted more for those coming around trick or treating while playing Halloween music in the back ground.



The kids made it to about 12 houses before they decided that they were tired and wanted to go home.  I was a little bummed that they didn't last longer, but happy that we didn't have a ton of candy to worry about.  So we went home and they watched a special Scooby Doo Halloween movie while McKay and I sat outside and passed out treats.  Our neighbors were even nice and we didn't have any trick or treaters after 8 pm so we put the kids to bed early and we watched our own movie.



Hope you all had a fun Halloween too!    

 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great Halloween. I love that Adalyn told everyone she was Maleficent. That's cute and a great story to tell when she's older.

    ReplyDelete