Monday, May 18, 2015

7 Months Old- Declin

Oh boy, I am WAY behind on this one.  Declin turned 7 months old on April 24th.  I want to continue doing these monthly posts so here I am, but man sometimes I have to talk myself into writing them (hence the reason this one is so late being posted).

BUT we DO love our little Declin (even if I don't like writing his monthly posts).  He is my mover and loves to be on the go.  He has never been one to sit still.  In fact he learned to scoot his way all over the house this month, yet he still couldn't sit up on his own.  He loved being on his tummy so that he could use his hands to pull himself around.  We made sure to put the gate on the stairs because he was getting pretty fast at rolling, scooting and pushing his way around.  He did push ups and would lift his legs in the air, but he was still unstable when you would put him in the sitting up position.  I just find it so interesting how each child is unique on how they learn new skills.  Each child has their quirks and funny things that they do in the learning process.  Declin's quirk was definitely the fact that he loves being on his stomach so much.  Both of my other kids hated tummy time.

This month he struggled going to sleep on his own so McKay and I took turns rocking him in his crib.  We would lay him down and then gently shake/rock his little body until he fell asleep and then we would sneak out.

He is tiny as always and wore 3-6 month clothes this month.

He loves all of his toys still which is nice that he is still entertained by them and he also loved his exersaucer, especially if the other two kids were around when he was in it.  They always help keep him more entertained.  I have been rotating the baby toys this time around which I think helps keep his interest in them as well as keep down on the clutter in the living room.  He gets about 5 toys out at a time and then I rotate them weekly.

Feeding him solids.  Every child is different right?  Well baby led weaning worked great with Jensen, but did not go so well with Declin.  Declin did not like eating anything with chunks or a firmer texture.  So we are doing baby food with him and he is doing ok.  So far he has had rice cereal, applesauce, bananas, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, and avocados.  He loves applesauce and hates avocados.  Hopefully we will work up to him feeding himself soon.  We have not bought any store bought jars of baby food for him like we did with Adalyn.  Instead we just buy things raw and then blend them up.  Pears and applesauce we just buy in larger jars.  I have been really lazy and have not frozen anything yet.  Hopefully I will get around to doing some frozen baby food soon.

7 months just feels old to me.  He is getting big, yet didn't I just have him!?  Sometimes I just get so caught up into life, our plans, and my check lists that I forget to enjoy the moment.  So this month I reminded myself that I had a sweet little baby who was growing up fast and that I really needed to enjoy him and sit down and snuggle him more.  We love you Declin!




  

 

  



  

No comments:

Post a Comment