Instead we were able to start the morning off with a nice family breakfast. McKay and I switched off cooking food and wrapping our gifts for each other (We are so last minute). Once we sat down we had a very delicious meal of waffles, whipped cream, fruit smoothie, and bacon. This meal is a staple around here. We all love it!
Breakfast was such a sweet and relaxing time with the kids. They were so excited about the holiday and loved all the wrapped presents and decorations. When Adalyn saw McKay and I wrapping gifts for each other she decided to wrap some of their toys for Jensen and even made him a cute card to go with it. They she do love each other!
This year I gave McKay some new Nike basketball shorts and he gave me a new coat (the coat was also for my birthday). We gave Adalyn and Jensen each their first backpack. They will be used for Church in sacrament meeting.
Aren't they adorable! I couldn't resist!
Valentines evening was pretty hectic, but I was happy that we made the attempt to go on a date. :) Jesse and Natalie was in town so we planned a double date with them. They were in town to clean some family's carpets (including ours) and some of the carpet jobs went a little longer then expected so we left on the date pretty late. But it was fun none the less! It reminded us of old times when we all were dating and newly weds. Now planning fun nights out is a little more complicated with 5 kids involved!
My sweet Valentine!
Mr. Declin came on our date too! What a handsome little man!
We carried the Valentine's spirit over into Sunday too and all dressed in our Valentine's red for Church. I sort of convinced the kids to pose for pictures with me. Declin was asleep though so he didn't get in on the matching outfit photos...
Adalyn LOVED that her and I were matching (which made it worth it, normally I am not so into identical outfits... especially red outfits...)
I was sad that I didn't have Declin in the pictures so he and I wore matching white shirts after church...
Sunday night Jesse, Natalie, and kids came over again and we had dinner and let the kids play. 1 bossy little girl and 4 busy boys! It was so fun having them visit and sleepover!
Valentines is such a fun holiday right in the middle of winter (although this year it felt like spring already). I LOVE it!
We had such a FUN weekend with you guys. Thanks for having us. Next time, let's plan it when your house is not torn to shreds because of getting your carpets cleaned and we can relax a little more! Oh and we won't be late to every single thing either :)
ReplyDelete