Saturday, January 10, 2015

It's a New Year!

I am finally all caught up blogging about Decembers adventures!  January is in full swing and we are all back into our normal routine.  January is never a very fun month, but honestly the last thing we needed around our house was a "fun" month.  We really just needed time to get over our coughs, clean up Christmas, and get back into our sleeping routines.  Jensen screamed every night for the first week of January as he got used to being in his own room and in his own bed after sleeping at Grandmas house for 2 weeks.  Today I am happy to say that he is doing much better and only wakes up a couple times a week.  haha!

I love having a new beginning and thinking about the new year ahead of us.  It was funny because you can tell what a lot of people are thinking about at the beginning of the year when your Zumba class is WAY more crowded then normal and all the avocados are sold out at the grocery store.  haha I definitely include myself in wanting to eat better and stay consistent with my exercising along with the rest of the country.  I have done fairly well so far this year and feel like I have found a really good balance of not being too extreme in my healthy eating/lifestyle (I have been there and it is just TOO stressful) yet still trying to lead a healthy life.  Just like with Jensen's pregnancy I hope to be back to my "healthiest" weight by Declin's 6 month mark in March.  I think I should be able to reach it :)

Over our break I pondered a lot about what things I did and did not like about 2014 and what things I wanted to change in 2015.  Although after my epic fail of my new years resolutions of 2014 (made 10 goals and only fulfilled a few of them) I knew I had to keep things simple this year.  Although in my defense I found out I was pregnant with Declin about a week after I made my resolutions last year.  Being sick and sticking to some intense goals was not for me, so I gave up on them all shortly into February of last year.  Hopefully that wont happen this year! (both the pregnancy/being sick and giving up parts...)

So this year I made 2 goals...
1. Only let the kids watch 1 short movie a day and really try and have it be more educational (if there really is such a thing as educational when it comes to kids and TV).

We got REALLY bad with the TV at the end of 2014.  Guys my TV was on a lot!  So this one had to change.  I really am a believer in very limited TV time for kids and I honestly don't want them to watch it even once a day.  But we tried no TV period and my mornings were horrible.  My kids wake up grouchy and so do I.  We need our time to wake up slowly.  McKay leaves for work early early so I am flying solo during the morning rush.  feeding the baby, myself, the kids, getting us all dressed, and cleaning the house was just too much for me without a little TV time for them to wake up.  So we switched to the once a day thing and it is going well.  We are sticking to it and finding other activities to fill the rest of our time.

2. Read the whole Book of Mormon.

I can totally tell a difference when I am consistently reading the Book of Mormon.  Yes the rest of the scriptures are good too but I need the Book of Mormon in my life all of the time.  To finish the whole book it is only 1.5 ish pages a day so it is manageable.  Along with reading the Book of Mormon I also study the lessons for Sunday school and Relief Society so that I am still reading parts of the other books.  This year we are studying the New Testament in Sunday School and the Prophet Ezra Taft Benson in Relief Society.  My kindle is super helpful in making my study time smooth and simple.  love it!

Hopefully I can make reading the Book of Mormon a yearly habit.  I think that would be so fun since at this point in my life I have only read the whole Book of Mormon cover to cover a handful of times.

I have a couple other ideas of things that I would like to accomplish this year, but not ready to count them as goals quite yet so we will see...

Oh and just because, here are a few pictures from the past few weeks.









p.s. Addie wears that purple night gown any chance she gets!  





             

1 comment:

  1. I feel you with the TV thing! It's hard to break out of once you've gotten in the habit. January is the perfect month to relax after such busy holidays - I'm glad you are enjoying yours.

    ReplyDelete