Here is the link to the post
I also really like this one with the story about gathering treasures :)
This is a SUPER personal topic. Please don't read anything into it, I am not trying to be insensitive. Family size is between a husband wife and heavenly father. We are all different and we all have different roads ahead of us. I just wanted to share it because I thought it was very well written and I have been thinking about it a lot.
Everyone has their own struggles, today one of mine is fighting off the "public" opinion that I should be doing more with my life. That I should have put off having kids until I was older. And honestly I don't know too many 23 year olds who happily drive a mini van, but honestly it is right for me and my family (even if I don't love it every second of every day). I am happy to be young and having kids. So grateful that I am ABLE to have them, because honestly you never know when life will throw curve balls at you and your child bearing years are over. McKay and I have ALWAYS wanted a large family; we love kids and think that we do ok at being parents. I feel very blessed that we were able to start young and hopefully have a good chance at getting that large family. (Can you see why I loved this blog post so much? Everyone wants to feel validated sometimes)
P.S. I also appreciated the part about sadness and mourning process that she has to go through about possibly not having any more children. Even though she already has 9 beautiful children. I think all mothers have a thirst inside of them for children and over the years some women feel their thirst for more children is quenched as they have their last child. Some women just know that this will be their last child and then they are easily able to move on with life. But many others have to go through a grieving process of sorts. A coming to terms with the fact that they are done having children. It isn't that they aren't grateful for the children that they do have they just have an internal desire for more. I think it is just one more thing that mothers have to go through as we raise and give birth to children. And thank heavens for that deep desire in us, because motherhood is no walk in the park. :)
We all have different trials and struggles as women. Let us all be kind, patient, loving, and understanding of our variety of trials.
I thank God every day for the babies I have been blessed with. Getting our two boys was an utter miracle both times. I shutter at the thought if we had waited for any reason...
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing , I enjoyed reading and completely related to multiple points. While I would love more kids I know it is very unlikely and watching mac grow fills my heart with joy but there see twinges of sadness knowing there will not be another, and never the little girl we felt was waiting.
I love these thoughts. It's refreshing to hear this point of view. When I first moved into my neighborhood, I joined a group of ladies who were chatting in the front yard. The topic moved to babies, and a couple of the women were talking about pregnancy as if it was the worst thing in the world and that they were never going to go through that again because it took too much effort to get back in shape afterwards. I wanted to cry as I saw their sweet children running around within earshot of them. I love the idea of treating each child as a diamond and letting them know that they are of the utmost importance to you. So sweet. You are a great example of that, you can see how much you love your little ones through this blog. Thank you for being so uplifting to me!
ReplyDelete